I rarely have hangovers anymore. Now that I'm "a little" older, I don't have the drinking capacity nor the patience for them like I did years ago. Nevertheless, these things will still happen from time to time, so here are a few things that have stood the test of time for me.
Drink a large glass of water before going to bed/passing out, if you're coherent enough to remember. If you wake up during the night to piss, or whatever, drink another glass of water. If "bed spins" are an issue, place a plastic wastebasket beside the bed in case you don't make it. :yuck: The next day you should get out and move around unless it's so extreme that you must spend the day balled up in the fetal position. Sitting still all day has always prolonged the agony for me.
To lessen the severity:
- A 2 liter bottle of 7-Up, a lot of ice, and a huge glass to drink large quantities of said 7-Up.
- Pepto Bismol. The generic is OK, but if the hangover is extreme, get the name brand. You might as well pamper yourself.
- Volume eating of comfort food. I'm convinced you can eat your way out of a hangover. Now is not the time for healthy eating. My favorite is cold leftover pizza straight from the refrigerator.
- Prickly foods like salads.
- Milk. I find soy milk to be less irritating.
- Boiled eggs.
- Anything that might look extremely unpleasant later, lol.
What are your favorite cures?